Please save the date! Saturday, April 23 from 5:00 to 9:00 pm for the Surrey Orcas Annual General Meeting, athletes vs the parents game and potluck! Please note this will take place at the Surrey Sport and Leisure Complex (not GRC).
The agenda will be as follows:
- 5:00-6:15pm: AGM (meeting room MP1 which is located on the upper floor on the arena side – the first room you will see when you go upstairs). Please note, all athletes will warm up and play in the pool from 4:30-6:30.
- 6:30-7:30pm: Athletes vs the Parents Game
- 7:30-9:00pm: Potluck (upper mezzanine – area above the front lobby)
Your attendance is important! Membership presence is required to:
- hear the executive reports, ask your questions and voice any accolades or concerns you might have
- elect your new/returning executive (please give some consideration to the President’s position as this will soon be vacant and we require someone in this position for the club to exist)
- demonstrate your athletic swimming ability or just wear a float belt as you challenge the athletes to our infamous Parents vs the Athletes season ender game
- eat, be merry and socialize at the yummy potluck immediately following!
An organizer (worth 50 volunteer points!) is required for this event to:
- ensure chairs are stacked and tables put away after the meeting
- setup of chairs and tables in the mezzanine area for the potluck
- collect and arrange potluck items
- ensure take down of chairs and tables in the mezzanine area after the potluck (**There are always lots of able bodies to help!)
Please come! Let’s have a great turnout for this event and give the athletes a team to beat!