2018 Summer Fee and Practice Schedule
2018 Summer Registration
Surrey Orcas SUMMER Water Polo Registration is Now Open!!!
Surrey Orcas Summer Water Polo is about FUN, fitness and skill development! Led by Vladimir Ushakov, Water Polo Olympian and Vlad Kruglikovskiy, international player and goalie coach, our dedicated coaching staff are committed to each player learning not only the game of Water Polo, but also the value of sportsmanship, team play and comradery.
Our summer season runs Tues, Weds and Thurs eves from May 1 to August 9, 2018. Our teams will play in the Regional Championships August 3 to 6 at Watermania, Richmond in an effort to qualify for the August 13-19 Provincials which will be held in Surrey this year. Specific water polo dates TBA.
Additional Offerings This Summer:
- a fun, competitive evening with other interested Fraser South BCSSA athletes, the last Monday of each month beginning May 28th
- a competitive component for our Spartans U16 team who will be participating in the Junior Olympics in San Jose, California in July – other high performance athletes welcome to practice!
Give Me the Details:
- 15 weeks of fitness and fun!!
- deep water practices only
- a continued focus on improved swimming, water polo skill development (leg strengthening, tactical skills, positioning, etc.) and FUN, increasing athlete fitness and getting a head start for next season
- teams will play in local tournaments and the Regional Championships – registrant numbers dependent – maybe the Provincials too!
- some practice flexibility for Summer Swim Club Participants (BCSSA Members)
- Fundraising Fee – $75
- NO Family Volunteer Fee
- NO League Fee
- BCSSA Insurance fee of $38 is required, unless already paid with another club
- full Summer schedule and registration links can be found here: 2018 Summer Fee and Practice Schedule
2018 Summer Registration
Surrey Orcas Summer Registrants will receive $50 off of Fall deep water and $35 off Fall Splashball Registration!!
Come one! Come all! See you at the pool!
CLICK FOR CAMP SCHEDULE
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Dear Water Polo Community!
We are pleased to announce that the Surrey Orcas Water Polo Club is hosting it’s 2nd annual Spring Break European Water Polo Academy. This year’s invitation is open to athletes from any Club (must provide proof of WPC insurance) with the birth years of 2005, 2006 and 2007.
After this Academy, all athletes will have a better understanding of the technical aspects of the Water Polo game and will come away with sharpened skills ready to apply and improve their game!
This year’s academy training will be held at the Guildford Aquatic Center for 4 days from March 26 to 29. You will receive training from our Co-Head Coaches Vladimir Ushakov and Vlad Kruglikovskiy, assisted by Spartans NCL players.
Each training day will be composed of a 45-minute dry-land work out and over an hour in the water. This Academy is free to Surrey Orcas Water Polo Club members and only $60 for all 4 sessions for anyone joining from other Clubs.
* Leg Coordination & Strengthening
* Correct Body Position
* Passing Techniques.
* Counter Attack Training
* How to Choose the Position in the Attack
* Shooting Techniques
* Defense Positions
* Passing Techniques – Level 2
* Quick Thinking Development Tools.
* Time for FUN!!! We will have a friendly scrimmage between all members of the academy
* Detailed analysis of mistakes and advice from our coaches will be provided.
NOTE: During all four days of the Academy, specific Goalie training will be provided by high-performance goalie coach Vlad Kruglikovskiy.
Please register your child for the Academy on our web site as soon as possible. Spaces are limited.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Four members of the Orcas 18U team were invited to join the Coca-Cola West Coast All-Stars during the recent 21st Annual Valentines International Classic. Other members of team Coca-Coal were athletes from the Saanich Water Polo School 18U team, a proud member of our Orcas alumni, and a very versatile veteran Russian player.
Now in it 21st year, this international event attracts teams from far and wide who come together to compete in Saanich B.C.
The Coca-Cola West Coast All-Stars came through the preliminary round with three wins including a see-saw one goal victory over Team UBC. Team Coca-Cola faced the formidable home town Mavericks in the Open Division championship game. At the end of four action packed quarters our 18U boys were awarded their well deserved first place medals.
Our 16U Spartan boys team was entered in the uber competitive 17U category.
They finished the preliminary round with a hard fought 2 and 2 record. In the second round of the tournament, the boys saved their best for last and played a disciplined game that resulted in a 14-5 victory and a fourth place tournament finish.
Our 14U Orcas boys found themselves in water polo’s version of the group of death. Although they did not win any of preliminary games the boys narrowed the goal deficit with each successive match.
The boys played a balanced team game that resulted in a 14-12 victory to open the second round of the tournament. While their final game did not result in a victory it was, in coach Vladimir’s words, their most complete game.