2018 Summer Fee and Practice Schedule
2018 Summer Registration
Surrey Orcas SUMMER Water Polo Registration is Now Open!!!
Surrey Orcas Summer Water Polo is about FUN, fitness and skill development! Led by Vladimir Ushakov, Water Polo Olympian and Vlad Kruglikovskiy, international player and goalie coach, our dedicated coaching staff are committed to each player learning not only the game of Water Polo, but also the value of sportsmanship, team play and comradery.
Our summer season runs Tues, Weds and Thurs eves from May 1 to August 9, 2018. Our teams will play in the Regional Championships August 3 to 6 at Watermania, Richmond in an effort to qualify for the August 13-19 Provincials which will be held in Surrey this year. Specific water polo dates TBA.
Additional Offerings This Summer:
- a fun, competitive evening with other interested Fraser South BCSSA athletes, the last Monday of each month beginning May 28th
- a competitive component for our Spartans U16 team who will be participating in the Junior Olympics in San Jose, California in July – other high performance athletes welcome to practice!
Give Me the Details:
- 15 weeks of fitness and fun!!
- deep water practices only
- a continued focus on improved swimming, water polo skill development (leg strengthening, tactical skills, positioning, etc.) and FUN, increasing athlete fitness and getting a head start for next season
- teams will play in local tournaments and the Regional Championships – registrant numbers dependent – maybe the Provincials too!
- some practice flexibility for Summer Swim Club Participants (BCSSA Members)
- Fundraising Fee – $75
- NO Family Volunteer Fee
- NO League Fee
- BCSSA Insurance fee of $38 is required, unless already paid with another club
- full Summer schedule and registration links can be found here: 2018 Summer Fee and Practice Schedule
2018 Summer Registration
Surrey Orcas Summer Registrants will receive $50 off of Fall deep water and $35 off Fall Splashball Registration!!
Come one! Come all! See you at the pool!
The Spartans 16U boys team recently returned from a very successful trip to the Pacific Winter Classic Tournament in San Diego.
The trip started with an exhibition game that allowed the team to adapt to the concept of playing in outdoor pools in the dead of winter. Day one of the 12 team tournament was very successful with victories of 13-4 and 14-4.
The competition got stiffer in the semi-finals. With the game tied and a trip to the tournament championship on the line, the Spartans sealed the deal by scoring the game winning goal with just 15 seconds left in the game.
We lost 10-5 in the final but were very proud to bring home the silver medal and some great California memories.
A visit to the beach at Torrey Pines State Park was one of the highlights of the trip. A huge shout-out goes Coach Vladimir and Chaperone Eric for ensuring the boys had a first class experience both in and away from the pool.
Both of our Spartans teams made it to the medal round at the recent 13th Annual Spooktacular hosted by The Saanich Water Polo School.
The Spartans are comprised of athletes from a number of Lower Mainland Water Polo League clubs who come together to compete in high performance events under the direction of Orcas Head Coach Vladimir Ushakov.
The Spartans boys high school team finished an impressive second place in the round robin phase of the tournament. Their only loss to that point was by a single, last second, buzzer beating goal.
The boys forged on to the medal round and earned their way into the bronze medal game. In an epic seesaw battle the boys lost by a single goal to the host Saanich team.
The Spartans 14U boys cruised through the round robin portion with a perfect 3-0 record. They followed that up with another win and earned their way into the gold medal game. The gold medal game saw us face a very familiar opponent, our friends from Fraser Valley. While they had to settle for the silver medal, our 14U Spartans should all be every proud of their Spooktacular accomplishments this past weekend