The Lower Mainland Water Polo League (LMWPL) is pleased to announce our gender specific competitive programs for both boys and girls in the 2017/18 season.
- LMWPL Spartans Advanced Program
Athletes that will play at the provincial level will continue to train under the LMWPL Advanced Program (Spartans) at Vancouver Aquatic Centre. Head coach to be announced.
Click here for Vancouver Vipers
- LMWPL NCL Program
Athletes (boys teams and girls teams) that will be competing at the national level in the National Championship League (NCL) will train at Guildford Recreational Centre under Head Coach Vladimir Ushakov.
Click here for Surrey Orcas
- Those athletes interested will be required to submit an Expression of Interest application. We strive to make it affordable for every family and create healthy competition among children, thereby improving the quality of the training process.
Click here for NCL Expression of Interest 2017/2018 Form.
- Expressions of Interest will be reviewed by our Head Coach for acceptance into the program. Try-outs and details of practice times will be delivered in an information package to successful applicants.
- Currently, the estimated cost of 3 NCL practices per week is expected to be just over $1 ,350 for the entire season (September to April, inclusive). The fee for the 3 practices per week does not include NCL registration, tournament fees, travel, etc.
- We have applied for a more comprehensive Community Gaming grant, but the results of that application will not be known until September, which is past the date required to pay the first NCL registration deposit. Once this is known, the participation fees may be adjusted again. Surrey Orcas Water Polo Club is a non-profit organization, so fees are directly related to costs to deliver the program divided by participating athletes.
- Each athlete that is committed to playing this upcoming season will be required to pay a commitment deposit of $500.
Check back to these two respective sites often for further details regarding tryouts, registration, practice days and times, etc.