For the second consecutive year our Orcas’ 14U team struck for GOLD at the LMWPL Championship. After going 3-1 in the preliminary round the team faced off against Coquitlam for the 2018 league championship. Coaches Vlad and Vladimir layed out a stratgic/disciplined game plan that the team executed to perfection. Congratulations to one and all on back to back league championships.
Our 18U Orcas took home the silver medal in a game for the ages. From the opening whistle it was clear that this was going to be an epic battle. The Orcas took an early lead but Burnaby quickly countered. The screaming, foot stomping fans were treated to a back and forth seesaw game where neither team could establish an advantage. Fittingly, at the end of regulation play the teams were tied at 10 a piece. While Burnaby won the game, our 18U’s can rest assured that they showed us all what an amazing sport water polo is when you bring passion and your very best game to the pool every time you play.
2018 Summer Fee and Practice Schedule
2018 Summer Registration
Surrey Orcas SUMMER Water Polo Registration is Now Open!!!
Surrey Orcas Summer Water Polo is about FUN, fitness and skill development! Led by Vladimir Ushakov, Water Polo Olympian and Vlad Kruglikovskiy, international player and goalie coach, our dedicated coaching staff are committed to each player learning not only the game of Water Polo, but also the value of sportsmanship, team play and comradery.
Our summer season runs Tues, Weds and Thurs eves from May 1 to August 9, 2018. Our teams will play in the Regional Championships August 3 to 6 at Watermania, Richmond in an effort to qualify for the August 13-19 Provincials which will be held in Surrey this year. Specific water polo dates TBA.
Additional Offerings This Summer:
- a fun, competitive evening with other interested Fraser South BCSSA athletes, the last Monday of each month beginning May 28th
- a competitive component for our Spartans U16 team who will be participating in the Junior Olympics in San Jose, California in July – other high performance athletes welcome to practice!
Give Me the Details:
- 15 weeks of fitness and fun!!
- deep water practices only
- a continued focus on improved swimming, water polo skill development (leg strengthening, tactical skills, positioning, etc.) and FUN, increasing athlete fitness and getting a head start for next season
- teams will play in local tournaments and the Regional Championships – registrant numbers dependent – maybe the Provincials too!
- some practice flexibility for Summer Swim Club Participants (BCSSA Members)
- Fundraising Fee – $75
- NO Family Volunteer Fee
- NO League Fee
- BCSSA Insurance fee of $38 is required, unless already paid with another club
- full Summer schedule and registration links can be found here: 2018 Summer Fee and Practice Schedule
2018 Summer Registration
Surrey Orcas Summer Registrants will receive $50 off of Fall deep water and $35 off Fall Splashball Registration!!
Come one! Come all! See you at the pool!
CLICK FOR CAMP SCHEDULE
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Dear Water Polo Community!
We are pleased to announce that the Surrey Orcas Water Polo Club is hosting it’s 2nd annual Spring Break European Water Polo Academy. This year’s invitation is open to athletes from any Club (must provide proof of WPC insurance) with the birth years of 2005, 2006 and 2007.
After this Academy, all athletes will have a better understanding of the technical aspects of the Water Polo game and will come away with sharpened skills ready to apply and improve their game!
This year’s academy training will be held at the Guildford Aquatic Center for 4 days from March 26 to 29. You will receive training from our Co-Head Coaches Vladimir Ushakov and Vlad Kruglikovskiy, assisted by Spartans NCL players.
Each training day will be composed of a 45-minute dry-land work out and over an hour in the water. This Academy is free to Surrey Orcas Water Polo Club members and only $60 for all 4 sessions for anyone joining from other Clubs.
* Leg Coordination & Strengthening
* Correct Body Position
* Passing Techniques.
* Counter Attack Training
* How to Choose the Position in the Attack
* Shooting Techniques
* Defense Positions
* Passing Techniques – Level 2
* Quick Thinking Development Tools.
* Time for FUN!!! We will have a friendly scrimmage between all members of the academy
* Detailed analysis of mistakes and advice from our coaches will be provided.
NOTE: During all four days of the Academy, specific Goalie training will be provided by high-performance goalie coach Vlad Kruglikovskiy.
Please register your child for the Academy on our web site as soon as possible. Spaces are limited.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER